Sunday, February 24, 2008

ConVocation 2008 physical & emotional highlights


I was worried that attending a Pagan gathering woulf highlight my disabilities to myself, either resulting in resentment on my part, or being hypersensitive to unintentional poor treatment on the part of people there.
I couldn't have been more wrong.

Rather than sitting and wishing I could dance, I sat the chair outside one corner of the dancefloor and danced long enough to tire out Oscar :-}

Perhaps because many of us are fringe sorts of people, I felt more at home than I do in the grocery store, wheelchair and all.
I was treated like eveyone else, my chair became invisible.

I am greatly looking forward to next year, when we will rent a hotel room for the course of the event, and immerse ourselves.

Next up, Penguicon in April :-}

No comments: